Owning and operating a party bus come with a number of city, state & insurance requirements. Please review the following steps involved prior to contacting us regarding your customization or purchase request.

Step 1
Contact your state’s department of motor vehicles and find out what the requirements are for owning and operating a bus. If you intend to be the driver, you will need a commercial driver’s license with a passenger endorsement. Attend a training class and take the written and road test for driving a bus in your state.

Step 2
Find out what permits you may need for your bus. If you intend to operate mostly within one or two city’s limits, you may need special parking permits or inspections in order to park and operate legally.

Step 3
If you don’t already have a business license, apply for a business license through your secretary of state Your secretary of state’s office can also tell you if you need any special licenses in your state to operate a commercial bus service. Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) if you intend to have employees, or a Tax Identification Number (TIN) if you don’t, through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website. Apply for a business tax account through your state’s tax department if you must charge taxes in your state.

Step 4
Purchase or lease your bus. Customize your bus to suit your needs. If you are not familiar with party buses, take a tour of several different types to find out what features you would like to offer your customers.

Step 5
Obtain the proper insurance for your bus and business. You will need liability insurance for both the bus and the passengers in addition to comprehensive, collision and accident insurance. If you are hiring drivers, they will need to be insured as well.